American ideals have been reflected in U.S. songs and anthems, and this resource helps students examine them using scavenger hunt reading activities! : Pledge of Allegiance, Star-Spangled Banner (National Anthem), and America the Beautiful. This print-and-go resource is No-Prep and great for independent learners. In addition, Google compatible links are provided for digital learning options!
– No prep-work or planning is needed!
– Great addition to American History lessons.
– Student-centered for independent use.
– Excellent resource to keep in your Emergency Sub Folder.
– Encourages close-reading skills & reading comprehension.
– 1-page reading with song/anthem lyrics and background information.
– Scavenger Hunt Reading Tasks:
– “Make your own Word Wall” reading and craft activity.
Looking for other American History resources? Check these out:
Like this resource? “Tony the Tourist” is part of a growing series that offers a fun and interactive way to teach social studies to upper elementary and middle school students. FOLLOW ME, and you will be the first to know about new resources, freebies, and where Tony is going next!